Are you wondering what to do with all of those hard-boiled Easter eggs? If you want something other than egg salad, try adding them to broccolini for a change of pace. What is broccolini, you ask? Broccolini is similar to broccoli, but with smaller floret and longer, thin stalks. It is a hybrid of kale and broccoli, to be more specific. This rock star vegetable is high in vitamin C and contains vitamin A, calcium, and iron.
2 bunches broccolini (tough ends trimmed)
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
2 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small shallot, minced
- Boil trimmed broccolini in salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain, shock in ice water and pat dry.
- Whisk together the whole-grain mustard with white wine vinegar and then add in olive oil, shallot, and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Drizzle mixture over the broccolini and top with chopped hard-boiled egg.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I added a bit of grated Parmesan cheese for extra taste. You may want to decrease the salt if you add cheese.
Yield: 4 servings