Isn’t everything better with bacon? Add in some bread and cheese and it’s a culinary trifecta! Enjoy these bacon-wrapped bread sticks as an alternative to rolls at your next dinner or as a fun appetizer at your next party.
24 bacon strips
2 tubes (11 oz. each) refrigerated bread sticks
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. garlic powder
- Wrap a bacon strip around each bread stick.
- Place wrapped bread sticks on baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cheese and garlic powder.
- Roll warm bread sticks in cheese mixture.
- Serve warm.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I lined the baking sheet with parchment paper – it’s my new best friend because it promotes even heating and makes for an easy clean up.
- I chose to partially cook the bacon (fry pan) and let it drain on white paper towels before wrapping it around the bread sticks. My thought was that it would get rid of some of the grease. It seemed to work well.
Yield: 24 bread sticks
Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com, originally published in ‘Taste of Home’ August/September 2010, page 44.