I recently blogged about a lecture I attended on Super Foods. I promised to share three recipes from that lecture using Super Foods. This Blueberry-Ginger Bellini is the second of those three recipes. The Super Foods used in this recipe are the blueberries and the ginger.
This Bellini is fruity and refreshing. The ginger gives it an earthy and hearty taste.
1/2 cup blueberries
1 Tbsp. minced ginger
1 Tbsp. sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 cups blueberry juice
2 cups sparkling wine, divided
- Mash blueberries with ginger, sugar and lemon juice.
- Add blueberry juice and let steep for at least 5 minutes
- Strain with cheesecloth or fine strainer
- Divide among four champagne flutes
- Top each with 1/2 cup sparkling wine
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- you may substitute sparkling grape juice for the sparkling wine
- be careful when mashing the blueberries, as they tend to stain your hands and other surfaces
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Larry Bauld, Culinary Instructor