Here is a great idea to quench your snack cravings. Combine pretzels and almonds with butter, sugar, and cayenne pepper and you’ve got a sweet and spicy snack with crunch and a bit of heat. Looking for a cold beverage to go with this? Try a Touchdown Lemon Shandy or a Beer Slush.
2 cups thin pretzel sticks
1 cup natural almonds (a superfood)
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. dark-brown sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together pretzels and almonds.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, sugar, cayenne, and 1 tablespoon water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour over pretzel mixture in bowl; gently toss to combine.
- Spread pretzel mixture in a single layer on prepared sheet.
- Bake until almonds are crisp, about 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Cool on sheet before serving.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- You can substitute your favorite nuts for the almonds, if desired.
- Consider adding raisins or dried cranberries as well
Yield: 8 servings