Now you can have fully loaded nachos at home! Bake crushed tortilla chips with vegetables and ground beef (or turkey), add sour cream and shredded cheese, and you’ll have made a restaurant-style appetizer in your own kitchen. This is a great dish to bring to a party or enjoy at home with your family.
No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped red onion
1 pound lean ground beef (93% lean)
1 can (15 oz each) Ranch Style® Black Beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (10 oz each) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1 tsp chili powder
4 ounces baked tortilla chips, crushed, divided (4 oz = about 4 cups)
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded lettuce
1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
Chopped cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Add pepper and onion, cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from skillet; set aside.
- Add beef to skillet, cook until meat is brown and crumbly and no pink remains.
- Add vegetables, black beans, drained tomatoes, mayonnaise, corn and chili powder to skillet; stir until combined.
- Place half of meat mixture in prepared dish; top with half of the tortilla chips.
- Place remaining meat mixture over chips.
- Cover with foil; bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; top with the remaining tortilla chips and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with lettuce, sour cream and ripe olives.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I am not a fan of green peppers, so I substituted celery and one finely chopped jalapeño pepper, for added heat.
- I added about 1/4 more shredded cheese, because, well, I really like cheese.
- You can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. If you do, add a touch more sour cream to make up for the dryness of the turkey.
- Definitely garnish with fresh cilantro – it tastes so good!
Yield: 6 servings (about 1 1/2 cups each)