A mix of sweet and spicy ingredients make these crunchy cashews a satisfying snack.
2 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
2 Tbsp. dark-brown sugar
1/2 tsp. red-pepper flakes
1 large egg white
3 cups raw unsalted cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, using the back of a wooden spoon, grind salt with lime zest.
- Add dark-brown sugar, red-pepper flakes, and egg white and whisk together until frothy.
- Add cashews and toss to coat.
- Spread cashew mixture in a single layer onto a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Serve with an ice-cold drink.
Yield: 8 servings