Instead of the usual burgers, hot dogs and Italian sausage for your cookout, try something different. How about kielbasa? Kielbasa is a type of sausage, also referred to as Polish Sausage. Although there are many varieties, it is known in the US as a precooked, smoked sausage made with pork, garlic, marjoram, salt and pepper.
4 pounds smoked kielbasa
mustard, sauerkraurt, horseradish (if desired)
- Add kielbasa to a large skillet of simmering water.
- Cook for 15 minutes and drain completely.
- Place kielbasa on a hot grill pan or grill, and cook until grill marks are achieved, turning often, about 10 minutes.
- Slice the kielbasa into bite-size pieces and serve with a variety of mustards, sauerkraut, and horseradish, if desired.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I decided to eat this kielbasa in a sandwich, with a fresh roll, dressed with mustard.
- I used a countertop grill for this recipe – easy cleanup!
Yield: 8 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy Gourmet Magazine, Show: Sara’s Secrets, Episode: Open House