This refreshing fruit salad uses a touch of cayenne pepper to up the flavor profile. Using avocado and papaya, it’s a nice alternative to a traditional fruit salad.
2 avocados, peeled, halved, and pitted
2 papayas, peeled, halved, and seeded
1 lime, zested and juiced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Slice the avocados lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Slice the papayas widthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Arrange overlapping slices on a serving platter, alternating slices of avocado and papaya.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon the dressing over the avocado and papaya.
- Serve immediately.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I decided to cut the sliced avocados and papayas into cubes and serve this is a bowl, rather than a platter.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, recipe courtesy Giada DeLaurentis, Show: Everyday Italian, Episode: Giada’s Summer Entertaining