6 ounces green ripe olives, sliced
6 ounces black ripe olives, sliced
6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
8-10 slices of whole grain bread
1. Place the slices of bread in your toaster and toast for 2-3 minutes. (Alternatively you can toast them in your oven at 375 F degrees for 10-15 minutes, for crunchy bread.)
2. Place the sun-dried tomatoes in your food processor and pulse until smooth.
3. Spread the sun-dried tomato spread over half the bread slices and rub the garlic over the other half of the bread. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix throughly.
5. Add about 2 tablespoons of the mixture over each slice of bread and serve.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- The whole grain bread tended to get soggy, so next time I would a slice French baguette in place of the sliced whole grain bread.
- I would substitute mozzarella cheese in place of the feta cheese, just for persona preference.
- I would consider broiling this assembled bruschetta under the broiler for just a minute or two, to melt the cheese and blend flavors.
- I would like both the garlic and the sun-dried tomato spread on the slices of bread.
Yield: 6 servings