1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
8 ounces fresh cherries, pitted and halved (1 1/2 cups)
2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bow
- Knead until oil is combined and mixture forms clumps.
For the Filling
- Combine all ingredients in another bowl and transfer filling to a 9-inch pie dish.
THEN…Top filling in pie plate evenly with crumble. Bake until bubbling in center and topping is golden, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- serve with a dollop of greek yogurt if desired.
Yield: 6 servings