Here is a wonderful way to use avocado. Add your favorite protein to this salad to round out the meal – chicken, turkey, ham, steak, hard-boiled eggs, etc.
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper
5 cups baby spinach
1 sliced avocado
1/4 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Cut segments from orange; squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from membranes into a large bowl.
- Into juice, whisk rice vinegar and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach, orange segments, avocado, pepitas, and mint.
- Toss to combine.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I substituted sunflower seeds for the pumpkin seeds.
- This salad could have used even more avocado.
Yield: 4 servings