You know it’s summer when you start eating watermelon. Try using it in this refreshing recipe for watermelon lemonade.
3 lb watermelon (without rind), seeded and cut into chunks
3 or 4 medium lemons
2 medium limes
4 cups cold water
1 cup sugar
Watermelon or lemon slices, if desired
- In blender, place watermelon.
- Cover; blend on medium speed about 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer into 2-quart or larger pitcher.
- Squeeze juice from lemons and limes; add to watermelon purée.
- Stir in cold water and sugar.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Stir before serving.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with watermelon slice
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- This was refreshing, but very sweet for my taste. I would recommend cutting the sugar to 1/2 or 3/4 cup and then adding more in as needed.
Yield: 12 servings