Tortellini are ring-shaped stuffed pasta. Use them in this recipe as part of a fun-to-serve kabob, together with cooked shrimp and cherry tomatoes.
36 uncooked refrigerated or dried cheese-filled spinach tortellini
1/2 cup Italian dressing
24 cooked peeled deveined medium shrimp
24 small cherry tomatoes
- Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package; cool
- Place dressing in shallow bowl.
- Stir in tortellini, shrimp and tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, stirring once to coat.
- Drain tortellini mixture.
- Thread tortellini, shrimp and tomatoes alternately on each of twelve 8-inch skewers.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used the tri-colored tortellini for a festive look!
- For an appetizer version, use toothpicks and thread just one of each item.
Yield: 12 kabobs