Cherries are not only tasty and fun to eat, they are also good for you. Fox News reports the following five health benefits of cherries:
- Ease arthritis pain
- Help fight cancer
- Helps you sleep
- Lowers blood pressure
- Weight control
Here is a great way to get more cherries into your diet and quench your summer thirst at the same time.
1 3/4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 12 lemons
1 cup sugar
3 quarts cold water
1 pound fresh cherries, pitted
- In a gallon container, combine lemon juice and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in 3 quarts cold water and cherries, until combined.
- Fill glasses with ice, pour in cherry lemonade, and serve.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- This tasted good, but I was hoping for a stronger cherry flavor. Next time, I would add some cherry concentrate to amp up the flavor.
- I like my lemonade really sweet, so I added more sugar to taste.
Yield: 8 servings