Great as an appetizer or main dish, these pizza quesadillas can be customized with your favorite toppings.
6 flour tortillas for burritos (11.5-oz package)
1 package (3.5 oz) sliced pepperoni
2 medium roma (plum) tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded pizza cheese blend (4 oz)
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 jar (8 oz) pizza sauce, warmed (or make your own)
- Top 3 tortillas equally with pepperoni, tomatoes and cheese. Top with remaining tortillas
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat; rotate skillet so butter coats bottom of skillet.
- Cook 1 quesadilla in butter 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet; place on cutting board.
- Repeat with remaining butter and quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 16 square pieces.
- Serve with warmed pizza sauce for dipping.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Add your favorite pizza toppings to make these your own.
Yield: 16 servings