This simple yet tasty chicken recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. To zest the orange, you can use a grater, microplane, vegetable peeler or knife. Be sure to thoroughly wash the orange before zesting it.
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. garilc powder
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. grated orange peel
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
- In small bowl, mix seasoned salt and garlic powder.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat butter and orange peel over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with salt mixture.
- Cook about 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Serve on a bed of spinach with mandarin oranges. This was suggested by one of the readers on the Betty Crocker website; I love the idea of incorporating the mandarin oranges to carry out the orange flavor.
Yield: 4 servings