A latte is a coffee drink made with espresso and steamed milk, not to be confused with a cappuccino, which consists of espresso and steamed milk with a thick top layer of milk foam. During the cool of the Fall, I like to indulge in seasonal tastes, such as ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon – all of which are found in this Pumpkin Spice Latte.
1 cup milk
1 cinnamon stick
1 whole nutmeg
1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
1 cup espresso or very strong coffee
Whipped cream for serving
Cinnamon for garnish
1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to a boil.
- Turn off heat and cover.
- Let mixture steep for 30 minutes.
- Divide espresso between 4 cups.
- Strain milk and divide between the 4 cups.
- Top each with dollop of whipped cream and dusting of cinnamon.
- Serve hot.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used ground nutmeg instead of whole nutmeg.
Yield: 4 lattes