Impress your friends and family with these easy yet elegant Garlic Bread Knots. They are a great alternative to plain dinner rolls, garlic bread or bread sticks.
All-purpose flour, for shaping dough
1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
4 Tbsp. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 16-by-10-inch rectangle; with a knife or pizza cutter, cut crosswise into 16 strips.
- Tie each strip into a knot, and place on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush knots with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat garlic and remaining 3 tablespoons oil over medium until garlic is fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour garlic oil over bread knots in bowl; season with salt and pepper, and toss.
- Serve warm.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- If you want to get fancy, consider adding sesame seeds to the garlic and oil mixture, and you can make sesame seeded garlic knots. (or add grated parmesan cheese…)
Yield: 8 servings