In a recent Food Mingle Blog Poll, we asked you about your favorite type of Christmas cookies. This results are in! With 40% of the votes, THE WINNER IS: Classic Sugar Cookies!
Thanks to everyone who voted. You can see the final poll results here. This is our last poll for 2015, but don’t worry, you”ll have an opportunity to vote in more Food Mingle Blog Polls in the future.
As promised, here is the winning recipe for your favorite Christmas cookies: Classic Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 1/ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
Granulated sugar or colored sugar
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375º F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into desired shapes with 2- to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Dip the cookie cutter in flour between uses, to prevent the dough from sticking to it.
Yield: 5 servings