Here’s a snack that Elvis would approve of! Bananas wrapped with honey, peanut butter and chocolate in a tortilla. Yum!
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
4 whole wheat or regular tortillas (8-10″ diameter)
1/4 cup honey
2 small bananas, sliced
1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, if desired
- Spread two tablespoons of the peanut butter evenly over each tortilla.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of the honey over each tortilla.
- Top with banana slices and chocolate chips.
- Roll up tortillas. Secure with toothpicks, if desired.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- To reduce the calorie count, you can skip the chocolate chips. If you aren’t concerned about the calorie count, consider adding mini marshmallows!
- I read a comment suggesting not to slice the banana until after you have rolled the tortilla – I can see where that would be much quicker and less messy! I think an even better option is not to slice the banana at all, and eat this as a full wrap.
- For some reason, I think that crushed pineapple would be a great addition or alternative in this wrap.
Yield: 4 servings