When I came across this recipe, I couldn’t help but smile. Bacon. Brown Sugar. A match made in heaven! This is great for a fancy breakfast or for party appetizers. It’s so good!
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp. chili powder
8 slices thick-cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a cooling rack inside the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine the brown sugar and chili powder.
- Dredge the bacon slices in the brown sugar mixture and arrange the bacon on the rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- One of the comments for this recipe was to twist the bacon strips before baking them, I tried this, but had to cook them a bit longer to make sure they were crisp enough to hold their shape. Very nice presentation.
- You can substitute turkey bacon, but really, it’s not as tasty. Don’t email me about it, you know it’s true.
Yield: 8 slices
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy: Paula Deen