1 cup sugar (or more to taste)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or more to taste)
16 slices bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the softened butter with a fork.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla.
- Stir to completely combine.
- Spread the mixture on the bread slices, completely covering the surfaces all the way to the edges.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling.
- Watch carefully to make sure it does not burn.
- Cut the slices into halves diagonally and serve.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Perhaps a bit of Nutella or peanut butter might this a heartier snack?
- Whole wheat bread worked great for this. Next time, though, I would like to try this on an English muffin – imagine that butter and cinnamon in all those nooks and crannies!
Yield: 8 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy: Ree Drummond, Show: ThePioneer Woman, Episode: Kitchen Confession: Comfort Food