Here’s a southwestern-style salsa to please your adventurous tastes. Serve it with store-bought chips for dipping or make your own savory baked pita chips.
1 (17-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 large avocado, peeled and diced
1 small onion, diced
1/8 -1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Taste and add salt, pepper or more lime juice as necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer, or with grilled chicken breast as a meal.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- In addition to lime juice, I also added lemon juice to keep the avocados from turning brown.
- After refrigerating overnight, I added more lime juice.
Yield: 12 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy: Paula Deen