It’s the middle of winter here on the East coast and boy is it cold and snowy. How about curling up with a piping hot cup of Mexican coffee?
12 cups water
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
4 whole cloves
1 cup regular-grind coffee (dry)
1/2 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Whipped cream (optional)
- Heat water, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves to boiling in Dutch oven, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Stir in coffee; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate syrup and vanilla; remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes for coffee grounds to settle.
- Strain coffee into coffee server or individual cups; discard grounds mixture.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Shouldn’t there be some mention of tequila here?
Yield: 10 servings