Meatballs are such a versatile food. They can be served as a side dish, the main course or even as an appetizer. You can roll them to any size you like and the flavor options are endless. This recipe uses basil pesto to give the turkey meatballs a tangy flavor. Try them for your next party as an appetizer on a toothpick.
2 lbs. ground turkey breast
1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup basil pesto
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
2 eggs whites
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line cookie sheet with sides or 15×10-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Shape mixture into balls; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of meatballs reads 165°F.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- These meatballs were tasty, but next time I will use the entire egg (including yolk), rather than just the egg whites. The addition of the yolk will add some moisture, as well as improve the texture.
Yield: 36 meatballs