This ginger sauce is a great way to add some variety to
your baked chicken or roasted vegetables.
2 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
2 Tbsp. chopped scallion
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
splash of water (optional)
- Mix grated ginger, finely chopped ginger and finely chopped scallions in a small bowl.
- Add kosher salt and white pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small saucepan just until smoking; pour over the ginger-scallion mixture and stir.
- Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I did not add the splash of water because I like this sauce to have a thick consistency – it sticks better to the baked chicken when it is thick. However, if you are using it to sauce vegetables, then you might want to thin it out with water, so that it has a more delicate consistency.