This white pizza is extra flavorful because of the artichoke-heart marinade brushed on to the dough as a flavor agent. What a great way to make use of all the ingredients! Use your favorite vegetables to make this your own.
1 jar (12 ounces) marinated, quartered artichoke hearts, drained well, reserving marinade
1 large bunch asparagus (1 pound), trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces, halved lengthwise if thick
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen and divided in half
Coarse salt and ground pepper
7 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated (3 cups)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds.
- In a medium bowl, combine artichoke hearts, asparagus, and tomatoes.
- On a large piece of parchment paper, brush 1 dough half with artichoke-heart marinade and roll out to a 14-inch-long oval.
- Transfer dough on parchment to a rimmed baking sheet and top with half the vegetables, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Brush border with marinade and season pizza with salt and pepper.
- Repeat to make second pizza.
- Bake pizzas 10 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Sprinkle pizzas with cheese and bake until crust is deep golden and cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Go easy on the salt, as the marinade and the cheese are salty.
- I added sliced mushrooms and onions. You might also want to use sliced bell peppers, zucchini or eggplant – whatever vegetables you love!
- I used asparagus tips on my pizza, as shown below
Yield: 4 servings