For those cool nights, treat yourself to a decadent cup of hot chocolate, with a splash of raspberry liqueur.
6 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp. raspberry liqueur
Crystallized ginger, for garnish, optional
- Combine everything except the liqueur and ginger in a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat.
- Whisk occasionally until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Continue to cook, whisking frequently until smooth and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in liqueur, top with a piece of ginger, if using, and serve immediately.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I added more milk because it was a bit too thick for me, but still tasty.
Yield: 2 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp