Here’s a great salad for serving to company. It looks pretty and is really easy to make. A perfect dish for lunch or a light dinner.
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1.5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
3 romaine hearts, chopped
1 English cucumber, chopped
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Finely chop enough of the onion to yield 2 tablespoons and transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir in the yogurt, dill, lemon peel, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the chicken with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on the grill, cover and cook, turning once, until golden and grill marks appear, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle the remaining lemon juice on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- In a bowl, toss the romaine, cucumber, tomatoes and remaining onion with the dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper; top with the sliced chicken.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used my indoor George Forman grill for this recipe (yes, I do still have one!)
Yield: 4 servings