Food Mingle Blog has been awarded the One Lovely Blog Award!
Many thanks to Gloria over at Plate it Up Recipes for nominating Food Mingle Blog for the One Lovely Blog Award. Gloria’s blog is awesome – you should check it out. She believes in the dictum “The belly rules the mind.” Thank you, Gloria for this lovely award!
The One Lovely Blog Award recipients are chosen by fellow bloggers who consider the winning blogs to be “lovely.” It acknowledges bloggers who thoughtfully connect with their readers by sharing their stories in a beautiful way. The goal is to recognize the blogger and help them reach more readers. Also, it requires that the blogger tells readers about themself and then nominate others for the award.
Here, are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share seven interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs of your choice (up to 15) for the award.
- Link to your nominees and let them know of their nomination, usually by commenting on one of their posts.
- List the rules.
Seven Things About Me:
- I am a software product manager by day and a culinary arts student in the evening. I am working towards an Associate degree in Hospitality Management, with a concentration in Food Service and Culinary Arts; I expect to graduate sometime in 2017.
- I have been a member of Toastmasters International for over ten years; it is a public speaking and leadership organization. It has been a great way to increase my public speaking confidence. I am working towards their highest designation (Distinguished Toastmaster) and hope to achieve it in 2018.
- I am the youngest of four children; my three siblings are older brothers.
- On my blog, I use the image of a pineapple to welcome readers. The pineapple is associated with the return of ships from extended voyages, and it is an emblem of welcome and hospitality.
- A few of my favorite things include:
- Flower: tulip (followed closely by pink roses)
- Comedy movie: My Cousin Vinny
- Seafood: scallops (seared to perfection)
- Bible verse: Psalm 46:10
- Sport: tennis (favorite player – Andre Agassi)
- I still have all of my wisdom teeth, but that doesn’t mean that I’m wise!
- I can’t snap my fingers on either hand – I have no idea why.
My nominations for the One Lovely Blog Award are shown below; please take a moment to check out these great blogs:
My Meals are on Wheels
Cooking with a Wallflower
Cooking with Mr. Fritz
Wee Blue Mixer
Now I Can Have My Cake and Eat it Too
Lynz Real Cooking
Rantings of an Amateur Chef
Totally Inspired Mind
Thanks again to my nominator, Gloria from Plate it Up Recipes! Recognition from fellow bloggers means a lot to me.