- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant and golden (but not brown), about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp; raise heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring often, until shrimp are opaque, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add butter, and stir to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions
- I prefer to cook shrimp without the tail, so that I don’t have to pull them off one-by-one as I eat them.
- I would add more garlic to this recipe, especially because it is called “Garlic Shrimp.”
Yield: 4 servings