Looking for a way help you drink more water? How about using pineapple to add flavor?
Pineapples impart a vibrant tropical flavor that balances the tastes of sweet and tart. Did you know that pineapples are second only to bananas as America’s favorite tropical fruit? (whfoods.com)
1/4 pineapple, peeled and cut into triangles
8 to 10 mint leaves
8 cups water
- Place 8 cups water in a pitcher or large bowl.
- Add pineapple and mint leaves.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before using.
- Keep refrigerated up to 2 days.
- Strain before serving.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions
- If pineapple isn’t your thing, how about adding lemon instead? Try Warm Lemon Water.
Yield: 8 cups
Source: http://www.marthastewart.com, The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2008 and whfoods.com