The tortellini in this garden vegetable salad make it a great summer meal or side dish. Use almost any available vegetables to make it your own.
1 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
2 cups frozen broccoli florets (or fresh if available)
½ medium cucumber, quartered lengthwise, cut into 1/4- inch slices
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup purchased Italian salad dressing
- Cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package, adding broccoli during last minute of cooking time.
- Drain; rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients
- Add cooked tortellini and broccoli to salad; toss gently to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours to blend flavors.
- Stir gently before serving.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Use your favorite/available vegetables for this salad: carrots, zucchini, beans, olives, etc.
- Serve in lettuce wraps for a fun alternative.
Yield: 4 servings