Not long ago, I shared a post about fried green plantains. Although bananas and plantains are in the same family, banana contain more sugars and less starch than plantains. Here’s a great way to enjoy bananas as a snack.
- Slice a banana into 1/8-inch-thick rounds.
- Lay rounds on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees F until golden, 2 to 3 hours.
- Let harden at room temperature.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Although the natural sugars in the banana make this a semi-sweet snack, you might want to amp up the sweetness with a sprinkle of sugar, brown sugar or cinnamon.