Oh, those noodles! Toss egg noodles with sautéed mushrooms, shallots and fresh parsley for a comfort food fit for company. Add chicken or turkey to stretch the servings and amp up the protein content.
1/2 pound wide egg noodles
2 Tbsp. butter
8 white mushrooms, sliced
1 shallot, finely chopped
A handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook egg noodles until just tender in boiling salted water, about 6 minutes.
- Saute sliced mushrooms and shallot in butter over moderate heat until mushrooms are tender, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Drain noodles and toss in with cooked mushrooms.
- Add the parsley and season with a little salt, to taste.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I used sliced Baby Bella mushrooms because they have more flavor than the white mushrooms, and they’re my favorite! I also doubled the amount of mushrooms, because, well…they’re my favorite!
- If you don’t have a shallot, you can substitute an onion, but decrease the amount because onions have a deeper flavor than shallots and they aren’t as delicate.
- I also added a pinch of course ground pepper for added taste.
- This seemed a bit dry, so I added a splash of chicken stock and a splash of olive oil over the top just before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, Courtesy: Rachel Ray, Show: 30 Minute Meals, Episode: 30 Minute Passport to Vienna