In the culinary world, the description of “deviled” implies that the food is spicy. This recipe is no exception. With the addition of cayenne pepper to the breadcrumb mix, you can make these chicken thighs as spicy as you like.
Vegetable oil, for the baking sheet
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumb
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives (or parsley)
2 tsp. paprika
8 small bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds), skin removed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Combine the butter and garlic in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave to melt the butter, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the Dijon and 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne.
- In another large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, chives, paprika and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cayenne.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Dip the chicken in the mustard mixture to coat and roll in the breadcrumbs on all sides.
- Lay chicken on the prepared baking sheet so the pieces do not touch.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until the coating is browned and crispy and the chicken is no longer pink near the bone, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a large platter and serve.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- If you prefer to use skinless chicken thighs, reduce the baking time by about five minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Yield: 4 servings