1/2 cup pure pumpkin purée
1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt
3/4 cup ice cubes
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2″ piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
Pinch ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- Place the pumpkin purée, yogurt, ice cubes, maple syrup, vinegar, ginger and cinnamon into a blender.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if needed to adjust consistency.
- Pour into a glass and dust with cinnamon.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I substituted plain Greek yogurt for the plain yogurt, to add thickness to the consistency.
- For a twist on this smoothie, here is a recipe for a Pumpkin Banana Smoothie.
Yield: 1 serving