You don’t always have to bake or cook ‘from scratch.” It’s ok to use a few shortcuts now and then. This recipe uses a boxed cake mix to get the job done – your guests will never know the difference!
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 cups coarsely shredded, peeled tart apples (2 medium)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour bottoms only of two 8×4-inch loaf pans.
- In large bowl, beat all Bread ingredients except apples with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in apples.
- Divide batter evenly between pans.
- In small bowl, mix Topping ingredients. Sprinkle over batter in pans.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Be sure to let the bread cool completely so that it doesn’t crumble.