This isn’t your average hot cider. The zest of one orange and some brown sugar and pumpkin spice amp up the flavor. The adult version also includes rum.
1 gallon apple cider
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
24 ounces spiced rum, if desired
- Heat the cider in a large pot over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Add 3 strips of orange zest, the orange juice, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice and stir.
- Bring to a simmer then turn the heat down to low to keep it hot, but not simmering.
- Heat for 5 minutes to allow all the flavors to meld together before serving.
- Serve hot in heatproof mugs with a shot of spiced rum, if desired.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Serve with ginger snaps or your favorite Fall treat.
Yield: 16 servings
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, courtesy: Sandra Lee, Show: Sandra’s Money Savings Meals, Episode: Fall Feast