Autumn is the perfect time to make this pumpkin bread. You can use fresh pumpkin, but you’ll save a lot of time and energy by using the canned variety.
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
16 ounces canned unsweetened pumpkin
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour 2 9” x 5″ loaf pans.
- Stir together sugar and oil.
- Stir in eggs and pumpkin.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients and water into wet mixture, alternating.
- Divide batter between two loaf pans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cake tester (or toothpick) comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- I don’t make many substitutions when it comes to baking – even with quick breads like this one. However, you might want to serve it with a cream cheese icing.
- This wasn’t quite done after the 30-40 minutes of baking – I let it go 5 more minutes, but a little longer might have been even better.
Yield: 2 loaves
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com, Food Network Kitchen