With this pizza, any meal can taste like a lazy Sunday morning. Combine your breakfast favorites of bacon and eggs with a pizza crust and mozzarella and you have breakfast for dinner.
2 to 4 Tbsp. cornmeal
1 can (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
1 cup cooked real bacon pieces (from a jar or package)
1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
3 scallions, chopped
1/4 cup water
4 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Sprinkle 16-inch pizza pan with cornmeal (to prevent dough from sticking to pan).
- Unroll dough on pan; starting at center, press out dough to edge of pan, building up edge slightly.
- Brush with oil.
- Sprinkle cheese over dough; top with bacon, tomatoes and scallions.
- In small bowl, beat eggs and water with fork or wire whisk until well mixed; pour over top of other ingredients.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is crisp and eggs are set in center.
Food Mingle Blog Alternatives and Substitutions:
- Add other vegetables to amp up the flavor, such as broccoli or peppers.
Yield: one 16″ pizza