Welcome to the first installment of the new Food Mingle Blog Product Review series.
Over the past few months, I have worked to increase my water intake. I initially did this by drinking flavored, carbonated cans of water. However, my doctor told me that the carbonation isn’t good for me. As a result, I have been flavoring my water with fresh fruit instead. While this is a great option, it can get a little messy and inconvenient while at work. So, I was so excited to learn from a friend that there is a product which is made of crystalized lemon, with no additives and is also gluten-free. It’s called True Lemon® and I love it!
Used like a packet of sugar, I simply tear open a packet, add the powder to my water, then shake it to mix, and drink. One packet is plenty to flavor my 32 oz. water bottle. With this lemon flavor, I find it easier (and satisfying) to drink more water. True Lemon® is convenient and much less messy than adding fresh fruit to my water while on the go. Further, I like that it is inexpensive, portable and free of additives.
In addition to a water flavoring, this product can also be used in tea and recipes. I also understand that the same company offers other crystalized products, such as lime, orange, grapefruit and flavored lemonades, although I have not yet tried them. So far, I have only used it as a lemon flavoring for my water, but I’m looking forward to trying it in my recipes as well.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of drinking water, check out a previous Food Mingle Blog post here.
Have you used this product? If so, what was your experience with it?
- Packaging: One box contains 32 individual packets (.8g per packet)
- Serving Size: One packet (advertised as “One Packet = Taste of One Wedge”)
- Nutrition Per Serving: Calories: 0, Fat: 0g, Sodium: 0mg, Carbohydrates: <1g, Sugar: 0g, Protein: 0g
- Manufactured and Distributed by: True Citrus Co., Baltimore, MD (www.truecitrus.com)
- Price: $3.89 USD per box of 32 packets (find it in the sugar/sugar substitute aisle in your local supermarket). Pricing and availability may vary in your area.