Happy National Pizza Day!
Most people agree that pizza is awesome. However, the debate about the best pizza topping is a much more contentious discussion. From cheese, to veggies, to meats (and more), Americans love their pizza toppings! But which toppings are the most popular?
According to Fox News, here is a ranking of Americans’ most favorite pizza toppings:
- Ham/Canadian bacon
- Peppers/Sweet peppers
Which pizza toppings are your favorite? Mine are cheese and mushrooms, although I don’t mind spicy pepperoni! Speaking of preferences, do you prefer New York style (thin crust) or Chicago Deep Dish style pizza? Fox News also reports New York as the winner! I never doubted it.
Celebrate your love of pizza with one of these amazing recipes:
- Recipe: Steak Pizza with Peppers and Onions
- Recipe: Bacon and Egg Pizza
- Recipe: Roasted Fall Vegetable and Ricotta Pizza
- Recipe: Fruit Dessert Pizza with Chocolate Syrup
- Recipe: Spring Vegetable White Pizza
- Recipe: Bacon and Escarole White Pizza
- Recipe: White Bean and Spinach Pizza
- Recipe: Mini Deep Dish Pizzas
- Recipe: Breakfast Pizza
- Recipe: Mushroom Lovers’ French Bread Pizza
- Recipe: Deep Dish Meatball Pizza
- Recipe: Portobello “Pizza” with Italian Sausage
- Recipe: Broccoli and Double Cheese Thin Crust Pizza (see photo below)
- Recipe: Tuscan Chicken-Basil Pesto Pizza
- Recipe: Pizza with Anchovies, Red Onion and Oregano
- Recipe: Mini Spinach and Cheese Pizzas
- Recipe: Naan Flatbread White Cheese Pizza – Two Ways
- Recipe: Pizzettes (English Muffin Mini-Pizzas)
Don’t forget to tell the world about your love of pizza today using the hashtag #NationalPizzaDay!